We can’t think of a better way to start the weekend than with a pizza and movie night! Choose from 6 great movies on Butler-Bremer Digital TV tonight, and then scroll down for a super simple pizza recipe you can make with what you have at home!
Step 1: Choose your movie:
Choose from 6 great movies tonight! Too early? Just DVR it and watch when you’re ready (and skip the commercials!)!
Captain America: The First Avenger
FX, 4:00 PM
It is 1941 and the world is in the throes of war. Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) wants to do his part and join America’s armed forces, but the military rejects him because of his small stature. Finally, Steve gets his chance when he is accepted into an experimental program that turns him into a supersoldier called Captain America. Joining forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), Captain America leads the fight against the Nazi-backed HYDRA organization.
Ice Age: The Meltdown
DISNXD, 5:00 PM
With global warming threatening their once-icy domain with widespread flooding, Manny (Ray Romano), Sid (John Leguizamo) and Diego (Denis Leary) set out to find a safe haven. Along the way, another mammoth (Queen Latifah), who thinks she is an opossum, joins the travelers on their perilous quest.
The Matrix/The Matrix Reloaded
AMC, 5:00 PM & AMC, 8:00 PM
Neo (Keanu Reeves) believes that Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), an elusive figure considered to be the most dangerous man alive, can answer his question — What is the Matrix? Neo is contacted by Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), a beautiful stranger who leads him into an underworld where he meets Morpheus. They fight a brutal battle for their lives against a cadre of viciously intelligent secret agents. It is a truth that could cost Neo something more precious than his life.
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
VH1, 9:06 PM
Average Joe’s Gym and its owner, Peter La Fleur (Vince Vaughn), are both down on their luck. A fancy competing gym called Globo-Gym, run by the maniacal health nut White Goodman (Ben Stiller), is about to put Average Joe’s out of business unless Peter can raise $50,000 to keep his mortgage. To save the gym, Peter and a ragtag group of Average Joe’s members and employees enter a dodgeball contest with a big cash prize. In response, White forms his own Globo-Gym team to rout the competition.
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
TNT, 9:15 PM
Though Percy (Logan Lerman), the half-human son of Greek god Poseidon, once saved the world, lately he’s been feeling less than heroic. However, he doesn’t have much time to brood — the enchanted borders that protect Camp Half-Blood are dissolving, and a horde of mythical beasts threatens the demigods’ sanctuary. In order to save Camp Half-Blood, Percy and his friends embark on a journey to the Sea of Monsters — aka the Bermuda Triangle — to find the magical Golden Fleece.
Step 2: Make your pizza:
Quick & easy homemade pizza (no yeast needed!)
TOTAL TIME: 25mins
Makes 2 thin crust pizzas or 1 deep dish pizza
- 3 cups unbleached flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (light beer is fine)
- Olive Oil
- Pizza sauce and/or toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the beer and mix well. The dough will be sticky.
- Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it.
- Toss the dough around to coat it with flour and prevent it from sticking.
- Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable.
- Shape the dough into a ball and divide it in two if you are making 2 thin crust pizzas.
- For a deep dish pie do not divide.
- Grease your pizza pan with oil and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle.
- Brush crust with olive oil lightly and then add your sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.